How Your Lifestyle Effects the Design Process
Lifestyle is a critical factor in designing your system for the long term.
Yet most people wouldn’t think about the reasons why. This question is many times avoided for the reason that owners assume a proper needs analysis may result in an increase in their cost. Ignorance is a convenient way of automatically downgrading your installation. However, knowing your lifestyle and realistic needs (both present and future) will help the longevity of your system, and in turn cost you less in the future.
So what are some lifestyle considerations?
- Do you often entertain or host guests?
- Do you have renters or family living with you?
- How old are your children and how many children do you have?
- How many bathrooms, showers, baths & kitchenettes are in the home?
- What is are your eating habits and food choices?
- Are you a ‘snowbird’?
These are only some of these factors that will effect the efficiency and longevity of the septic system.